EOSDIS Science Data Metrics
1. The volume distributed to end users per day, as a running average over the last 4 weeks, is 3.6 times the volume added to the archive per day.
LANCE Data Latency
- Higher product latencies for
- VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land) on 19 August 2021 are due to delay in the delivery of L0 data.
- MODIS-AQUA on 16 August 2021 are due to bad Aqua GBAD data received on 15 August 2021
- Latency for a data granule is defined as the time taken from the midpoint between the start and end of acquisition of the data for that granule to the granule’s being ready on-line for users to download.
- Duration covered by the data for a granule is defined differently for different instruments (e.g., MODIS granules are 5 minutes long while OMI NRT granules are 13 to 136 minutes long).
- Over the last four weeks, over 95% of NRT data requests for all instruments except for three instruments (MODIS-AQUA, OMPS-Suomi NPP and VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land)) were satisfied within 3 hours. For MODIS-AQUA, OMPS-Suomi NPP and VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land) over 93%, 91% and 69% of the NRT data requests were satisfied within 3 hours, respectively.
Global Imagery Browse Services (GIBS)
(Unique users per day not available this week due to VPN access issues)
(Total GIBS requests per day not available this week due to VPN access issues)
GIBS in the Cloud (GITC)
Metrics from previous weeks are organized by week, and users can access the ESDIS Weekly Metrics Archive.