NASA's Earth Science Data and Information System (ESDIS) Project supports data processing by providing Science Investigator-led Processing Systems (SIPS). Most of the Earth Observing System (EOS) standard products are produced at facilities under the direct control of the instrument Principal Investigators/Team Leaders (PIs/TLs) or their designees. The SIPS are geographically distributed across the United States and are generally, but not necessarily, collocated with the PIs/TLs’ Scientific Computing Facilities (SCFs). Products produced at the SIPS using investigator-provided systems and software are sent to appropriate Distributed Active Archive Centers (DAACs) for archival and distribution. Level 0 Data Products and Ancillary Data that begin the processing sequence are stored at the DAACs and retrieved by the SIPS.
Click on a SIPS facility name in the image above or table below to go to an internal web page for the SIPS.
- Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer (AMSR) SIPS
- MODIS Adaptive Processing System (MODAPS) SIPS
- Ocean Data Processing System (ODPS) SIPS
- Microwave Limb Sounder (MLS) SIPS
- Ozone Monitoring Instrument (OMI) SIPS
- Tropospheric Emission Spectrometer (TES) SIPS
Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (Suomi-NPP) SIPS