AMSR2 NRT Data and Information
- Download AMSR2 data directly from either:
- LANCE AMSR2 landing page at NASA's Global Hydrometeorology Resource Center DAAC (GHRC DAAC)
- AMSR2 Science Investigator-led Processing System (AMSR2 SIPS)
- Subscribe to the AMSR2 mailing list
The Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer 2 (AMSR2) instrument launched aboard the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) Global Change Observation Mission 1st-Water, "SHIZUKU" (GCOM-W1) satellite on May 18, 2012. AMSR2 provides data on global precipitation, ocean wind speed, water vapor, sea ice concentration, brightness temperature, and soil moisture. AMSR2 NRT products are available through LANCE within three hours of a satellite observation.
To download AMSR2 data, register for an Earthdata Login. Use the table below to access specific LANCE data products.
Other Sources of AMSR2 Data Products:
- The JAXA AMSR Science Team generates its own suite of AMSR2 products
- Remote Sensing Systems generates an extensive suite of intercalibrated products (columnar water vapor and cloud liquid water over oceans, ocean wind speed, sea surface temperature) from many passive microwave satellite instruments. View their AMSR2 ocean products
AMSR2/GCOM - W1