Airbus Defense and Space GEO Inc (Airbus U.S.) provides a comprehensive catalog of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Earth observation products from their TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X, and PAZ X-band radar satellites. The data offer high temporal, high spatial resolution, and precise elevation information for nearly any point on Earth, independent of cloud cover and weather. The products have potential applications to various Earth science investigations, including monitoring drift ice in the absence of daylight, detecting surface movement in oil and gas fields, and identifying objects in remote areas. For specifications on the individual Airbus SAR sensors, please see the Airbus Commercial Data listing at the bottom of this page.
All members of the U.S. Government have access to Airbus data for scientific use. All data requests must be approved by CSDA.
- To request access to CSDA data offerings, complete the CSDA Authorization form. The CSDA team will verify if the user is authorized for data access. Once verified, the user will be notified
- Search for Airbus data using the CSDA Smallsat Data Explorer (SDX)
- Download direct from the SDX (Earthdata login required) or use the Bulk Download Tool
Data products and derivatives for imagery must contain copyright markings as specified below (YYYY is the year of the image acquisition).
Data products and derivatives must contain a copyright notice similar to the following:
- For data products: “© Airbus Defense and Space GEO Inc U.S. YYYY. All rights reserved.”
- For derivatives: “Includes copyrighted material of Airbus Defense and Space GEO Inc U.S. All rights reserved.”
- A joint copyright notice may be used as appropriate
Authorized users should send Airbus a courtesy copy of any publications that include Airbus data.
To help us identify your publications, we request that when you publish using these data, please include the following acknowledgment:
"This work utilized data made available through the NASA Commercial Smallsat Data Acquisition (CSDA) Program."